Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Barney The Tapeworm Sneak Peeks

People somehow can't understand how a good friend of mine can pack away so much food and constantly be eating. As a joke she told inquirers that she has an imaginary tapeworm whom she named Barney. 

She created quite the personality with it and even a Facebook profile.  I found it to be utterly amusing so when she asked me to create an avatar for Barney I was pleased to embody Barney into a visual representation of her imaginary tapeworm.

Barney is a quite the simple creature.  Always hungry, constantly awaiting his next meal. He's extremely ecstatic about food and when finally fed his status updates are filled with glee. 

This is Barney with a bowtie (the one used currently as his avatar) and the owner (my friend) put this as the caption:
"This is me when I'm getting ready to go out someplace fancy for dinner! 
Gotta look fly for the laaaydeeees, you know? How YOU doin'?"





Now I realized that Barney can't just have one outfit.  There are many holidays he will be celebrating so as a special sneak peek I'll let you see his winter outfit.  This is good for the cold nippy nights especially when it gets closer to Christmas.













To the right is Barney's Valentine's avatar.  Although it's a couple months in advance you can never get too ahead when it comes to fashion.  I wanted to put a heart tattoo on Barney with the word "Food" in the middle but I realize that Barney might have a change of heart and put a different name in the middle. When it comes closer to time I'll ask him if he's sure about the tattoo.





As you can see I'm having way too much fun with this :)  Drop a line in the comment box if you have any great ideas for Barney the Tapeworm outfits.  I plan on doing a Halloween, New Years, St Patrick's, Easter, pretty much all the major holidays throughout the year.  If you find this whole Barney the Tapeworm persona just as amusing then add him on Facebook!  While you're at it, add me too!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I like "French Jerk" Barney the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barney the Tapeworm says thank you!!!!

    <3, Bonnie and Barney the Tapeworm.

    Oh yeah. He says "I can't wait for more awesome outfits! I gotta be super duper fly, know what I mean? Ahahahaha!"

    He's a strange little guy. My coworkers are dying laughing. They think he is so awesomely drawn. :)

    ReplyDelete